Van Catches Fire In City

Article Image Alt Text

No one was hurt when a van caught fire Sunday afternoon, Aug. 4, on Pontz Place in Lexington. The fire is believed to have been the result of a mechanical malfunction while it was being driven down the street, according to Lexington Fire Chief Ty Dickerson. The driver stopped the van in the middle of the street once it began to smoke and got out of the vehicle. The van was a total loss and there was exposure damage to a pickup truck that was parked adjacent to where the van stopped.  The fire department and police department responded and extinguished the fire. (Tim Price photo)

The News-Gazette

The News-Gazette Corp.
P.O. Box 1153
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 463-3113

Email Us

Facebook Twitter